The VideoMic NTG is a supremely versatile microphone that delivers incredible audio anywhere you need it. Use it with your camera to record broadcast-grade sound in the field. Use it with your smartphone or tablet for crystal-clear audio on the go. Use it as a desktop USB mic for podcasting, gaming, voice calls and more. One microphone. Endless possibilities.
- Revolutionary acoustic design with unmatched acoustic transparency and a natural, uncoloured sound
- Highly directional supercardioid polar pattern and very flat frequency response
- Unique infinitely variable gain control
- Auto-sensing 3.5mm output for seamless connection to both cameras and mobile devices
- Digital USB output for recording to a computer or mobile device
- Digital switching – controls high-pass filter, pad, high-frequency boost, and safety channel
- Internal rechargeable lithium-ion battery provides 30+ hours of recording
- Ultra-lightweight (94g) and rugged aerospace-grade aluminium construction
The Most Feature-packed VideoMic Ever
The VideoMic NTG is extremely flexible, with an array of features to help you take on any recording situation. Digital switching gives you access to a high-pass filter (flat/75Hz/150Hz), a high-frequency boost for enhancing clarity and detail, a pad (with a -20dB cut), and a safety channel. It also features a unique infinitely variable gain control for precisely tailoring your output to your recording device, an auto-sensing 3.5mm output that accommodates connection to both cameras and mobile devices (no more messing around with adaptor cables), and a handy peak warning light so you can ensure your audio never clips.
In addition to being a incredible on-camera microphone, the VideoMic NTG is a fully-featured USB microphone that can be plugged into a computer, perfect for recording voice-overs, podcasts, gaming or livestreaming. When in USB mode, the 3.5mm jack doubles as a headphone output for seamless audio monitoring. The VideoMic NTG also pairs perfectly with tablets and smartphones, turning your mobile device into a pro-quality content creation machine.
Revolutionary Acoustic Design
The VideoMic NTG features the same revolutionary line tube technology as the RØDE NTG5, which employs acoustic perforations along the length of the microphone in place of the linear slots found in other shotguns and on-camera microphones. This innovative design delivers unmatched transparency, and a natural, uncoloured sound. Add to this an incredibly flat frequency response, highly directional supercardioid polar pattern, and very low self-noise, and what you have is a compact on-camera microphone that contends with the world’s best shotgun mics.
Acoustic & Electrical Specifications
1 x VideoMic NTG
1 x SM7-R
1 x SC10