Instrument microphone stands out as the only side-address, supercardioid condenser microphone designed for professional sound reinforcement. It features a switchable low-frequency filter and a 3-layer internal pop filter to reduce background noise.
What is the Beta 27 best suited to?
The Beta 27 is ideal for a wide variety of acoustic, wind and electric instruments, such as guitar and bass amplifiers, drum, percussion and piano. The tight supercardioid polar pattern ensures high gain-before-feedback and provides maximum isolation from other sound sources making it perfect for live stage applications.
How does it sound?
The Beta 27 is tailored for superior transient response from a low-mass, externally-biased ultra-thin Mylar diaphragm. It has a flat, neutral frequency response for natural reproduction.
What are the main features?
The Beta 27 uses premium electronic components and gold-plated internal and external connectors. It includes a 3-position switchable low-frequency filter which helps reduce unwanted background noise or counteract the proximity effect and the -15 db switchable attenuator handles extremely high SPLs with ease. The internal pop filter with three separate mesh layers reduces wind and breath noise
What is the difference between the Beta 27 and SM27?
The Beta 27 is a supercardioid whereas the SM27 is a cardioid. You can expect a more concise sound pickup and a full bodied sound signature with the Beta 27.
- Flat Frequency response and low self noise for natural reproduction
- Supercardioid polar pattern for high gain-before-feedback and minimizes bleed from off axis sound sources
- Tailored for superior transient response
- Low mass, externally-biased, ultra-thin 24 karat gold-layered Mylar diaphragm
- 3 position switchable low-frequency filter
- -15dB switchable attenuator
- Internal pop filter with three separate mesh layers
- 1 - A32M ShureLock™ Black Swivel Adapter
- 1 - A27ZB Padded, Zippered Carrying Bag