The AT2040 dynamic XLR microphone brings broadcast-quality, professional and crystal clear recording to podcasters, streamers, YouTubers and content creators alike.
Based on the bestselling BP40 broadcast microphone, the AT2040 features a multistage windscreen with nonwoven filter and high-quality foam mesh that provides excellent pop and hiss filtration. The integrated shock mount prevents unwanted noise and vibration that can be passed through even the best tripods and boom arms.
The AT2040 dynamic microphone is designed with a highly directional, hypercardioid pattern, keeping the recording focused on your voice and your voice alone. This also eliminates unwanted room and background noise - ensuring professional and high-quality broadcasting.
Audio-Technica’s AT2040 comes with a pivoting stand mount, 5/8"-27 to 3/8"-16 threaded adapter and a luxury soft protective pouch for easy and safe transportation.
Internal Pop Filter
The AT2040’s multistage foam mesh windscreen includes a nonwoven filter to allow close-up use without annoying pops.
Integrated Shock Mount
Quiet, Professional Performance
The mic features a specially designed, integrated shock mount that tames any noise, shock and vibration that might be transmitted through a mic stand, boom or mount.
Basic Dynamic Microphone Characteristics
Why Choose a Dynamic Over a Condenser?
Dynamic Mic Characteristics
- Minimizes room noise – perfect for sonically untreated rooms
- Smooth audio capture with classic warm broadcast sound
- Robust construction with no external power requirements
Condenser Mic Characteristics
- Extremely sensitive – picks up the subtlest sounds in any environment
- Very articulate audio with a detailed high-frequency capture
- Requires external power to operate (phantom or battery)
Understanding How a Dynamic Microphone Captures Sound
How Does a Dynamic Mic Work?
Dynamic microphones use a diaphragm (1) connected to a coil of wire (2) that surrounds a magnet (3).
The diaphragm is moved by changing sound pressure. This moves the coil, which causes current to flow as it moves through the magnetic field. An electrical signal is then sent to your recording device or speakers which records or amplifies the audio.
Dynamic microphones are extremely durable and can handle very high sound pressure levels (SPL).
- Dynamic microphone delivers warm, assertive broadcast sound that’s perfect for podcasting
- Large diaphragm for smooth, natural sound and low noise
- Multistage foam mesh windscreen provides superior internal pop filtering
- Integrated shock mount attenuates noise, shock and vibration transmitted through mic stands, booms and mounts
- Hypercardioid polar pattern reduces pickup of sounds from the sides and rear for maximum vocal isolation
- Includes pivoting stand mount, 5/8"-27 to 3/8"-16 threaded adapter, and a soft protective pouch
|Open Circuit Sensitivity
||-53 dB (2.2 mV) (0 dB=1 V/Pa, 1 kHz)
||615 g (21.7 oz)
||145.3 mm (5.72") long, 52 mm (2.05") maximum body diameter
||Integral 3-pin XLRM-type
||AT8487 mounting clamp, 5/8”-27 to 3/8”-16 threaded adapter, Pouch
|Audio-Technica Case Style