- Maximum Polyphony
- 32 voices
- Recordable Data
- Samples = 2,560 (16 samples x 10 banks x 16 projects, stored in internal storage)
Patterns = 2,560 (16 patterns x 10 banks x 16 projects, stored in internal storage)
- Internal storage
- Size: 16 GB
*Including preload data
- Maximum sampling time
- 16 minutes (approximately 185 MB per sample)
- Skip Back Sampling
- Maximum 40 seconds (always records LINE OUT signal independently of sampling/resampling)
- Internal Data Format
- 16-bit linear
- Import Format
- WAV, AIFF, MP3
*SP-404MKII APP supports WAV, AIFF, MP3, FLAC, M4A.
- Sampling frequency
- Pattern Sequencer
- Resolution: 480 ticks, quarter note
Pattern length: 1 to 64 bars (variable during recording)
Recording methods: real-time loop recording, TR-REC step sequencing
- Multi-effects: 41 types
Input effects: 17 types
- 16 pads + 1 sub pad (Velocity-sensitive pad)
- Control knobs x 3
- Graphic OLED display
- External Storage
- SD card (sold separately) for backup, restore, import, and export functions (SDHC compatible)
- Connection terminals
- PHONES jacks: 1/4-inch phone type, Stereo miniature phone type
LINE OUT (L/MONO, R) jacks: 1/4-inch TRS phone type (impedance balanced)
LINE IN (L/MONO, R) jacks: 1/4-inch phone type
MIC/GUITAR IN jacks: 1/4-inch TRS phone type (for MIC), 1/4-inch phone type (for GUITAR)
MIDI (IN, OUT) jack: Stereo miniature phone type
USB terminal: USB Type-C (Audio, MIDI)
DC IN terminal
- Power Supply
- AC adaptor
USB bus power supply (USB Type-C port, 1.5 A ormore)
Ni-MH batteries (AA, HR6)(sold separately) x 6
Alkaline battery (AA, LR6)(sold separately) x 6
- Current Draw
- 1,100 mA (AC adaptor)
1,500 mA (USB bus power)
- Expected battery life under continuous use
- Alkaline battery: Approx. 2.5 hours
Ni-MH battery: Approx. 3.5 hours
*This can vary depending on the specifications of the batteries, capacity of the batteries, and the conditions of use.
- Quick start
"Read Me First" leaflet
Roland User Registration Card
- Options (sold separately)
- TRS/MIDI connecting cable: BMIDI-5-35, BMIDI-1-35, BMIDI-2-35, BCC-1-3535, BCC-2-3535
- Wireless MIDI Expression Pedal: BOSS EV-1-WL
- Size & Weight
- External dimensions
- 177.5 (W) x 275.8 (D) x 70.5 (H) mm7 (W) x 10-7/8 (D) x 2-13/16 (H) inches
- Weight (excluding AC adaptor)
- 1.1 kg
2 lb. 7 oz.
Creative Sampler and Effector
Dive into beatmaking with the pre-loaded sounds in the SP-404MKII's blazing-fast 16 GB of internal memory. There's a huge collection of curated samples to choose from and plenty of room to augment them with your private sound stash. And you can now load even more sounds at once, with 160 samples across each project for expanded performance and beatmaking combinations.
Break beats. Not banks.
You shouldn't need to take out a bank loan to make beats or produce tracks. The SP-404MKII is more powerful and more affordable than ever, making it easy to add its rapid workflow and characteristic sound to your existing setup. And with all it can do, the SP-404MKII may be the only piece you need for production and performance.
You work hard to be a unique artist—so why play on cookie-cutter gear that looks like everyone else’s? Personalize your SP-404MKII with your own style or branding for a look that's as distinctive as your sound. Grab the faceplate template to create custom overlays, style your startup screen with personalized logos, or select a screensaver that matches your vibe.
Colored control knobs pictured are sold separately and not available from Roland.
SP-404MKII App, Sample Packs, and more on Roland Cloud.
Download the SP-404MKII App from Roland Cloud Manager to go even deeper with your Mac or Windows computer. Access more detailed waveform editing, assign samples to pads, and import MIDI files and legacy SP-404SX and SP-404A projects for remixing and updating. And while you’re there, check out our exclusive Beatmaker Sample Pack series for more sonic material from legendary sound designers and musicians to inspire your next production.